CCPA Privacy Notice
Effective Date: October 1, 2021
We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws and it explains how your Personal Information is being collected, used, and shared by us and how you can exercise your rights under CCPA and other California privacy laws.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user or you (“Personal Information”).
1. How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
To provide our auction trading product and services, including our website, mobile app, content, hardware, and the services described further in our Sensible Collector Terms of Service (“Sensible Collector”) we must process information about you, including Personal Information. We may provide third parties with certain Personal Information to provide or improve our services. We do not sell personal information to third parties under the CCPA.
Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months, depending on how you use the Sensible Collector, as well as how we use it and with whom we may have shared it.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Commercial information, if you choose to provide it;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Location-related information, including precise device location if you choose to allow us to collect it;
- Audio or visual Information, including photos and videos, if you choose to provide it; and
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
We may use this Personal Information for:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving the Sensible Collector;
- Facilitating transactions, providing advertising, and performing measurement, analysis, and other business services;
- Marketing to you;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security;
- Communicating with you.
Parties with whom we may share this Personal Information:
- People and accounts you share and communicate with;
- People and accounts with which others share or reshare content about you;
- Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using Sensible Collector API;
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of Sensible Collector or their assets changes;
- Partners, including vendors, cloud computing service providers, marketing platforms and providers of user analytics services;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
2. Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use the Sensible Collector, including when you sign in with your Sensible Collector account or linked social media accounts, add information to your profile, sell or buy something through our auction platform, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. We also collect information about how you use the Sensible Collector, such as information about the people, lots, businesses, content, features, or other experiences you interact with.
- Other people: We may also receive and analyze content, communications, and information about you that other people provide when they use the Sensible Collector, like when they send us an abuse report or trade dispute request that refers to you.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the devices you use to access Sensible Collector, including information about the type of device you’re using (such as a PC, tablet, mobile, or other connected device), its configuration (such as your operating system and graphics processing unit), your browser, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and your geographic location.
3. How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we (as a business that collect and use a user’s Personal Information) disclose the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you and how we use it;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about the you that we have collected;
- Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales: You have the right to “opt-out” of your Personal Information being sold to certain third parties. However, we do not sell personal information;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You also have the right to not be discriminated against you for exercising any of these rights under the CCPA;
- Rights for California Minors: Minors under the age of 18 have the right to request the deletion of and/or obtain information posted on websites such as forums or bulletin boards.
To exercise any your rights listed above, please e-mail us at .
Please note that to protect your Personal Information and the integrity of the Sensible Collector, we may need to verify your identity before processing your CCPA request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as your name and proof of residency. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
If necessary, we can take up to an additional 45 days to respond, for a maximum total of 90 days from the day the request is received, provided that we notifies you to explain the reason for the delay.
4. Authorized Agent.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate another person or entity (“authorized agent”) to make these requests on your behalf. An authorized agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California that you have authorized to act of your behalf to make a request to know or to delete.
In order to use an authorized agent for your request, we require that you provide signed permission to your agent, using the form available here. Your authorized agent can submit a request to exercise your rights under the CCPA by sending an e-mail to attaching the signed permission.
The above requirement does not apply should your agent have power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. Please note that we may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf. Under the CCPA, your agent is responsible for implementing and maintaining reasonable security procedures and practices to protect your information and use your personal information only for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
5. Contact Us.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Notice or exercising your rights under the CCPA, you can contact us by e-mail at .